Helpful hints to make the packing and storing of your belongings a breeze!
- Use furniture drawers to hold delicate items. Wrap them in bubble wrap or newspaper.
- When packing smaller objects, remember to fill boxes completely, stuffing open areas with plain newspaper to prevent collapsing when stacked.
- Be careful not to store anything combustible (such as paint and chemicals) or perishable (such as food that is not permanently sealed).
- When storing lawn and garden equipment, drain any fluids prior to storage in order to avoid corrosive damage.
- Use trash cans to store shovels, hoes and rakes.
- Always use high quality locks on your unit.
- When storing delicate heirlooms, use specially constructed boxes, such as wardrobe boxes, and utilize dehumidifiers to prevent mildew build up.
- Store furniture carefully on boards or pallets.
- Cover mattresses and store them flat on level surfaces.
- Store small items like pots and pans in large appliances, such as stoves or refrigerators.
- Break down items (such as table legs) and store large furniture (like table tops and sofas) on end to save space.
- Use protective covers and treat wood surfaces before storing.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are moving truck available on site?
Yes, contact the nearest location for information or to reserve your moving truck.
- Can I purchase boxes, locks, and moving supplies?
All locations offer a full line of moving and packing supplies. Click on our Products & Services to view the full line of moving and packing supplies.
- Do you have moving carts, dollies, applicance dollies and hand trucks?
Yes, all locations offer these items to customers. Hand trucks and appliance dollies are also on the rental program when needed with our moving truck.
- Can anybody drive onto the property?
Storage Master has limited access to the property. You will need a security code in order to access the property.
- What are Climate-controlled units?
For an extra level of protection for temperature sensitive valuables, Storage Master offers heated and cooled storage
at most locations. Our climate-controlled units maintain a temperature between 55 and 80 degrees year-round.
Controlling the temperature helps prevent temperature fluctuations for items such as antiques, furniture, documents,
and electronic equipment. Our climate-controlled units limit ezposure to extreme temperatures and high humidity.
- Do you offer Self-Storage and drive up units?
Yes, all locations offer self-storage and units that are easy to drive up to for unloading.
- What type of security do you offer?
Storage Master takes great pride in protecting your valuables. We feature electronic controlled and key coded access,
monitored video surveillance, individual door alarms on select units, fences and well lit property. These features vary
by location so contact the storage manager for details.
- What sizes are available?
Each location offers a variety of sizes which range form a 5x5 to 15x20. Office and retail space is available from sizes 600 sq. feet to 1500 sq feet. contact your nearest location for size availability.
- What are the payment terms?
Storage Master strives to make your storage experience as hassle free as paying your bill. Typically, our storage leases are month-to-month, but we also offer short-term and long-term leases.
We offer auto pay where we can automatically charge your credit or debit card. We also can debit your checking or savings accout. Online payments are available for some locations.
- Can you reserve a unit online?
Our Reservation & Contact form is available for you to fill out and a Storage Consultant will contact you and get all of your information to reserve a unit.
||CLIMATE CONTROLLED UNITS AVAILABLE • SELF STORAGE • VIDEO SURVEILLANCE